On March 6, 1976 National Headquarter Executive Secretary, Brother Earl A. Morris, approved the petition for charter. Brother Roosevelt D. Phillips requested the petition for charter. On June 5th, 1976, a charter was conferred on the newly established Alexandria-Fairfax (VA) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. The charter was presented to the chapter by Dr. James B. Abrams, Jr., Eastern Province Polemarch, before a large audience in the International Room of the Bolling AFB, DC Officer's Club.
The chapter's first Polemarch was Brother Roosevelt Phillips, a graduate of Virginia State College. Alexandria Fairfax is the first alumni chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi to be located in Northern Virginia. The purpose of the chapter is "To be meaningfully involved in the Kappa "fertile" Northern Virginia area and fraternity activities."
Present at the chartering ceremony were Past Grand Polemarchs: Dr. William T. Carter, Dr. William H. Greene, and Mr. Ernest H. Davenport. Also attending were Junior Grand Vice Polemarch, St. Elmo Crawford, Jr., former Eastern Province Polemarch, Jesse O. Dedmon, Jr. Esq., and representatives from neighboring chapters in Washington, DC; Annapolis, Baltimore, Silver Spring, and Columbia, Maryland; and Fredericksburg, Virginia.
The officers installed during the chartering ceremony were:
• Polemarch - Roosevelt Phillips
• Vice Polemarch - George M. Richardson
• Keeper of Records - William E. Thomas
• Asst. Keeper of Records - George W. Felton
• Keeper of Exchequer - Charles L. Price
• Strategus - Herman L. Fitzgerald
• Reporter - John W. Graveley
• Historian - Siegel E. Young
• Board of Directors - Jube Shiver, Charles Pollard, and Earl Scott
• Advisory Council - Harold T. Amaker and Siegel Young